June 9, 2017 - 8:45 am
June 10, 2017 - 1:30 pm
AddressThe Graduate Institute, Geneva & WTO Headquarters View map
IIEL & the Graduate Institute, Geneva Announce the 2017 G2 Conference on WTO Law
The Annual Conference on WTO Law, which has its origins in the partnership created in the year 2000 between University Professor John H. Jackson of Georgetown, and Professor Sir Francis Jacobs, KCMG, QC, a Trustee of BIICL, has a longstanding affiliation with the Journal of International Economic Law (JIEL), published by the Oxford University Press.
Widely considered one of the most important and prestigious conferences addressing developments in international trade law, the Annual Conference on WTO Law pursues cutting-edge issues of interest to academics and practitioners alike. The 2017 Conference will be held in Geneva.
Friday, 9th June 08:45 – 18:00
Auditorium Ivan Pictet ¦ Maison de la Paix,
Chemin Eugène-Rigot 2, Geneva
Saturday, 10th June 09:00 – 13:30
Room W ¦ Centre William Rappard
WTO, Rue de Lausanne 154, Geneva
- Session 1. Round Table: The Globalization Backlash: Where Have Trade Agreements Failed and What Will or Should Next-Generation Trade Policy Look Like?
- Session 2. Round Table: Brexit and The Legal Consequences for Global Trade Relations: Considerations under UK & EU Law and WTO & FTA Agreements
- Session 3. Panel: Free Trade Under Attack: Is a Radical Rethink of Trade and Investment Agreements Needed?
- Session 4. Panel: U.S. Trade Policy under President Trump: Matters of WTO/FTA Compliance and What Does It Mean for the Rest of the World?
- Session 5. Panel: Making Trade Dispute Settlement More Effective and Inclusive: Informal Reforms at the WTO and Alternative Hard and Soft Law Systems in and outside of the WTO
- Session 6. Panel: Developments in Trade Remedies Legislation & Jurisprudence: (China) Market Economy Status, Alternative Flexibilities & the bigger question of how to marry trade liberalization with varying degrees of “State Capitalism”
Registration & Questions
Please direct registration questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and be ready to provide the number, country and expiration date of your national photo ID Card or Passport at the time of registration, for security purposes.
Conference registration for
- Corporate delegates: CHF200
- Government, Academics, staff of IOs and NGOs: CHF100
- Students: CHF50
- Staff of Permanent Missions to the WTO: Complimentary
- ELSA Moot Court Competition (Participants/Coach): Complimentary
Conference Dinner (optional)
- All categories: CHF120
The registration fee includes:
Admission to the conference on both days; a printed copy of the conference program; lunch on both days; coffee breaks; and wifi connection.
The registration fee does not include:
Accommodation nor attendance at the Conference dinner on Friday evening.
Access and Security
Badge collection begins on Friday 9th June at 08:00 AM in the foyer of Petal 1. Please bring a printed copy of your ticket.
In order to gain entrance to the WTO on Saturday, please bring the ID document or Passport that you have provided at the time of registration. Please plan to arrive early in order to pass through security.
A 100% refund will be given for cancellations received before 10th May, 2017.
50% refund will be given for cancellations received after 25th May, 2017.
No refund will be given for cancellations received after 5th June, 2017
We prefer online payments. Should you prefer to register as a group and receive a single invoice for your organization, or if you need to use an alternative method of payment, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Conference Committee is enormously grateful to our sponsors, without whose generosity this conference would not be possible: Akin Gump LLP; King & Spalding; Mayer Brown; Steptoe; Van Bael & Bellis; and White & Case.